The client was a US-based healthcare technology company that offers traditional care coordination software solutions enabling healthcare practices to deliver care management programs that enhance patient engagement and chronic illnesses' health outcomes.
The client does not have an automated time tracking and billing functionality in their application. Because of these missing features, they were facing many challenges in reporting and billing for services they provided for chronically ill patients. Resulting in higher deniel rates and losing reimbursement for CCM patients.
The business analysts and subject matter experts of Thinkitive initiated the requirement analysis (Discovery) phase. The group concentrated on obtaining requirements, researching, and recommending the best approach to the client's business. The business team spoke with clients on the phone multiple times while they created functional requirement documents, created low-fidelity models, and obtained client approvals on time. Thinkitive assembled a team of experts in of healthcare domain as well as frontend and backend development talents.
Our project team created a plan, presented it to the stakeholders, and got approval. Our team implemented an automated time tracker feature to record provider time spent on each patient for care plan review and consultation. Also, our team added the AI based automated CPT coding functionality into the client's CCM platform to generate CCM billing reports.
The Thinkitive team has created a comprehensive Chronic care management software to manage their patient's health remotely, leading to better patient outcomes and lower healthcare costs.
Automated time tracking and logging
1. A thinkitive team develops an automatic time tracking feature that lets providers record time spent on each patient. Automated time tracking using timers or activity-tracking features built into client applications.
2. These features allow providers to start and stop timers for specific tasks, such as reviewing patient records, communicating with patients or caregivers, or coordinating care with other healthcare professionals.
3. After completing the task, the software logs the time spent on each task and compiles the data into reports that can be used to evaluate performance and optimize workflow.
AI-based CPT code assignment
1. After the time is logged by the provider using an automated timer, System can calculate the total minutes spent on the particular patient by a provider, find the appropriate CPT code suggested by CMS, and assign those codes to that patient for billing.
2. These codes are based on time spent by providers and can be classified into complex and non-complex CCM.
Automatic monthly report generation
1. At the time of enrollment, Provider can take consent from the patient and enter the enrollment date.
2. The system will consider the monthly billing cycle from the enrollment date and calculate the time spent accordingly.
3. As the month is being completed, the system can calculate the total time spent by the provider and generate a monthly report including all detail of the care plan and time log details.
Automated time tracking saves provider time for manual time logging.
Automated CPT code assignment resulting in manual errors and time calculator efforts.
Automated billing reduces the denial rate as accuracy increases.
Auto Monthly report generation ensures bills should generate after completion every month.